Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A PERFECT EVENING : CELEBRATING ONE YEAR OF LOVE


The night was warm, bearing a striking resemblance to the night on October 16th, exactly one year before.  As Matt and I boarded the World Yacht Duchess, we smiled at each other,  remembering that it was on this exact ship that we got engaged.  As the sun slipped below the city skyline, Matt and I set sail on our dinner cruise around New York City, celebrating one year of marriage, filled with love.  

After dinner was served, we ventured to the lounge on the upper deck to take in the beauty of the bright city lights.  This being a momentous occasion in the journey of our lives, we began reflecting on the past year together.  How the time flew by!!  In this short year we: 
-Moved into a new townhouse, filling it with things of our own  
-Explored the beauty and the splendor of five countries we had never visited together before (Italy, Spain, France, Greece and Turkey)
-Adopted our first daughter (cat) Kylie
-Ventured onto the golf course together, where Matt discovered just how stubborn I can really be
-And realized that the thing we are most thankful for in our marriage is the constant love and support we give one another every day 

As the night came to a close, Matt and I put the past behind us and started making new memories for our future. Dancing cheek to cheek to Frank Sinatra's "New York, New York," I was filled with great happiness.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening, a night I will remember for years to come.

For one of my presents, Matt agreed to do a one year anniversary photo shoot in Central Park!  I was excited about the photos but even more excited that my sister Ali Beavers and close friend (and second shooter) Mekina Saylor were going to be taking them! 
I LOVE this creative angle Ali captured through the trees along the Reservoir.  
Before starting the shoot, I gave Ali a quick lesson on how to shoot in manual.  I was so impressed with how quickly she learned how to adjust the ISO and the shutter speed for the changing light!  We left the aperture wide open at 1.4 for the majority of the shoot.



I am SO IN LOVE with this sweet shot.
We arrived on bow bridge, just as the city lights began to twinkle against the night sky.  Thanks to Mekina for capturing this beautiful photo.
One of my favorite parts of our one year anniversary was cutting into the top tier of our wedding cake!
I actually thought the cake still tasted good.  Matt...not so much!!
The views from our dinner cruise around New York City were amazing...

But not as amazing as the wonderful night I spent with my husband.  Happy one year anniversary Matt, I love you sweetheart.

3 comments:

  1. I love this :) Congratulations on your one year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with this post! I'm so glad I got to come see you! Love you! Congrats to you and Matt on 1 year!

    ReplyDelete