Tuesday, January 3, 2012

THE BOOKSHELF : TEN



Six months ago, I read a book that completely changed my life.  Not in a way that transformed my view for a week or two after I finished reading it.  No.  This book totally altered the path I was on, putting me on a journey that I never dreamed could be possible for me.  Let me start from the beginning...

I was sitting in on the 9 a.m. service at The Life Christian Church when my Pastor, Terry Smith, announced he had written a book!  The title of the book is TEN and it asks this simple question: "On a scale from 1-10, how would you rate your life?"  The number 7 quickly popped into my head.  Maybe because 7 is my favorite number, maybe it's how I really felt.  Either way, I thought that was pretty good until I heard what Pastor Terry had to say.  He boldly questioned, "What if I told you living a TEN was possible?  Would you go for it?  Would you risk doing things differently and looking at life differently in order to achieve it?"  Wellllll....that sounded like a challenge if I ever heard one!  Not just a challenge from my Pastor, a challenge from God.  If you know me at all, you know I love a challenge.

Pastor Terry went on to explain that God has a more and better life planned for us, one more incredible than we could ever imagine.  By taking a closer look at our God-given passions and trying to use them in a way to honor Him, we could live the future that God dreamed for us.

As you can probably guess, this book is what gave me the courage to start Amy Rizzuto Photography.  I can honestly say, I have never been happier.

Today, TEN was officially released in book stores everywhere!  You can get your very own copy of TEN through Amazon here.  Also, it is conveniently available on your Kindle.  If you are looking for a good read, there is no better addition to your bookshelf than TEN.  Read it and let me know what you think!  I can't wait to hear how it changes your life.


Oh...and check out this pretty cool video about the book.  You might just see a familiar face :)

2 comments:

  1. Amy,
    I am so proud of your video and your willingness to witness to others how God is gently leading and guiding in your life. Trust God to continue lead you and your life will be more fun and fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT video...Kaylee showed me the book and I will try to read it.

    Thanks for sharing, Tommie

    ReplyDelete